Saturday, April 28, 2007

oh, memphis, you broke my heart! (and all my stuff!)













it's reassuring to know that the post office couldn't even get my stuff to Memphis before destroying it. look! my books are all damaged, i can't even talk about what they did to my muppets lunchbox, and my dvds are just gone. well not the weird ones, they let me keep Hedwig and Twin Peaks and Tenenbaums. it's awfully peculiar that they were able to "salvage" some of them (see pic), since all the DVDs were packed in a box within another box. hm. the outside box must have come open, despite their gentle handling, and then the inner box must have somehow exploded, leaving only the difficult-to-sell videos "intact". I can think of no other explanation.




it's a good thing i sold all the wedgwood. i can't have nice things. or even somewhat crappy things in good condition, apparently. they even un-strung my glass mardi gras beads!






another person must have been similarly Memphis-ed, as I got the cover only of a book entitled "Our Love Is Here to Stay" by Tony & Lois Evans. I can only wonder what they got of mine.




*sigh*. oh, and i had to pay for the privilege of such careful handling of my things as well. $26.16 because i "underpaid" initially. no matter that my stuff is broken and/or missing. they even managed to rip the ears off my bunny magnet, who was wrapped up inside the Muppets lunchbox! it seems rather violent and un-coincidental. his little expression looks all the more poignant now. we must make him some prosthetics.






but first, i think it's time for a mai-tai.






1 comment:

Christopher said...

Only a cruel, heartless mo-fo would rip the ears offa bunny! wtf?