Sunday, August 26, 2007

omg i have a guacamole tree!!!!!!


i've been seeing some little pear-shaped fruits on a tree by our laundry room and wondering what they were gonna turn into. well. now there's about sixty great big avocados hangin up there. i just picked my first one! okay, it only saves me a dollar, cause that's what you pay for an avocado as big as yr head at the market, but still. now i have papayas and avocados. who knows what else i've missed? i gotta look around a little better. i's ignant.

in other tropical fruit news, i just bought my first jaboticabas. i will let you know how they are. i also had acai/mango sorbet (delicious!) and have been eyeing the dragonfruit. they're expyonsive at the natural food store right now, and i haven't seen any at the farmers market just yet, but i will let you know.

that's all for now, i reckon. no big news. the weather has been un-freekin-beatable since Flossie disintegrated. Every day has been absolutely gorgeous. I feel really bad for all y'all in the heat. hang in there and wait til fall. just make a note of how hot you are and think about coming to see me next summer, okay? my high temp is just a little higher than your lows. yikers. stay cool & safe. i miss y'all!

xoxo
k

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kirsten,

What up yo! Christie and I met Chris and Brandie for a long weekend in Destin last week and Chris mentioned that you (and Timmy) had blogs rolling... cool stuff. Take it easy... just wanted to say hello.

- Kny

Christopher said...

Jaboticaba?! Whatchoo call me? I'd be happy to have dollar avocadoes - free ones is definitely paradise. I'mma have to come back there and help you harvest those suckers.

Bummer that you're not coming to the east coast in October. I'll just have to start planning my next Hawaii visit.