Friday, May 4, 2007

World's Smallest Bedroom




somebody call Guiness! Kressy and JB no longer have the smallest bedroom in the world. i do! i have finally converted the pantry into the naptry. i built a platform bed. yes, i am proud of myself. yes, i sleep in a closet. no, those two things together don't make any sense. but there's something about a Dedicated Sleeping Space that i enjoy very much, and the living room just didn't work as a double-duty bedroom. so now the Guest Quarters are official and no, i won't make you sleep in the closet if you come visit me. (it's very comfortable, though -- i should say i won't *let* you.)

next project is to get the baskets on the bike. remember i was whingeing about how steep the hill is to my house? well. the other day i saw a big humongous hawaiian dude on a bike *much* crappier than mine, and he was just pluggin his big self up that hill. so obviously i need to suck it up and get my leg muscles back in proper working condition. if i get the job at the volcano, i'll be driving a lot during the week, so i need to be able to navigate the topography on my rusty little grocery-getter so as to save gas and stave off driving fatigue on the weekends. hey, if those dudes can rock-climb crazy cliffs in their ratty ol' Chuck Taylors, i can do this. right? right.

other good news: the only good mexican restaurant in town, which has been closed for renovations, is re-opening for cinco de mayo. They have a variety of tropical margaritas: mango, liliokoi (passionfruit), guava, coconut, and watermelon. i will definitely be down there tasting at least one of those.

thanks to everyone who sent me their addresses. i still can't believe i packed the address book when it would have been soooo easy to just throw it in the purse. d'oh. i will be sending postcards out terreckly.

happy cinco de mayo! (otherwise known as tim's birthday -- happy birfday punkin!) also, happy kentucky derby. may the best horse win!

7 comments:

truedat said...

that is an awesome bedroom. looks like something right out of "ready made"--remember that magazine? hope you get the jobby job. will keep crossin my fingas

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. It does look cozy though and it will be easy to keep it clean. You don't have any floor to throw stuff on. Watch your head on that shelf.

Unknown said...

It looks quite cozy, and reminds me of my old apartment! Though I was able to fit a bed and small dresser - but the bed did touch three walls. I think you will find sleeping in a cocoon room is quite enjoyable....I had some of my best sleeps in my little bedroom.

Chris said...

truedat is right! straight up ReadyMade, that is!
i also had a bedroom that was ALL bed before. it was a waterbed. i was such a playa. well, i thought i was.

Anonymous said...

Lordy, how ever do you change the sheets!

Anonymous said...

what are the measurements??? it does look cosy though

Anonymous said...

Is there a door?